Are you searching for the secrets to good health? Here is a short list of what I consider to be the pillars of good health.
- What you eat: focus on organic fruits and vegetables, and pasture-raised meats. Avoid all processed foods.
- How much you eat: moderation is key to being healthy.
- How you eat what you eat: pay attention to everything you eat. Eat mindfully, slowly, purposefully. Enjoy every bite. Appreciate every morsel.
- Incorporate moderate amounts of cardio (walking, biking and swimming are excellent choices)
- Include strength training three-four times per week. Four basic exercises that require no equipment, can be done anywhere, and that will benefit your whole body: squats, push-ups, lunges, and crunches.
- Remember to stretch as part of all fitness activities, and add regular Yoga to your fitness program if possible. There are many forms of gentle Yoga that can be done by most people, even while sitting at a desk at work.
- Sleep is a must for good health!
- Rest also includes unplugging from stress and electronics: do fun things that help you relax and have fun!
- We achieve great rest when we connect with others; strong family and friend relationships are great help for a healthy lifestyle.
The usual, mandatory disclaimer: it is recommended that you consult with your doctor before making drastic changes to your diet or beginning any exercise program.
Here is to your health!